So you have been spending time, writing content, adding some pictures and your own special touch awaiting guest. Well sometimes you have to find them in order for them to know you are the “New Kid” on the block. There are a few things that you can do to increase the traffic to your blog.
1. Once you have written up a post and you’ve hit publish, then you need to share. Utilize facebook and twitter to share what you have written with others that hopefully you have already established a relationship with. You don’t want to get into a spamming frenzy, but if you have built up some excitement about your new venture amongst your friends and followers, they are just as excited to read as you should be to share.
2. Then of course, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. You have to start making some visits yourself. Come up with a list of blogs that you visit regularly. Each time you are there, make a point to leave a comment, that let’s the writer know that you stopped by. Chances are they will return the favor and some of their readers may also.
5 recent blogs that I paid a visit to are:
3. It is important that you write often and provide your readers with information that they can use, whether it inspires, gives them an opportunity to save money, time and/or research, they will return. Writing often also gets the search engines going, I don’t know much about SEO but I have recognized the increase in traffic with my increase in writing.
4. Guestblogging is another and popular way to increase traffic. Let’s be honest, it can get overwhelming to keep up with blogging if you are the only one producing content, so share your space. You can ask other bloggers to create a post for your site and believe me there are so many who are interested. It’s a win – win situation. It increases the exposure for the both of you.
5. Last but definitely not least, giveaways. Readers love the opportunity to get free stuff and they don’t mind sharing the opportunity with others. I’ve given away tote bags, books, shirts and I am gearing up for yet another giveaway soon. It’s fun and it keeps things exciting.
I hope you find this list helpful. Increasing the traffic to your blog doesn’t have to feel like work, you are actually also building relationships and those relationships will hopefully help with achieving great blogging success.
“Building relationships of accountability and trust with all roads leading to love.” RATL
- 8 Simple Tips to Increase Website Traffic (bloggingtips.com)
- 7 Ways To Enhance Web Traffic To Your Business Website (ngap.net)