The Blood Done Signed My Name: M. Ann RICKS
- What genre would you say your books fall into? My novels are Christian Fiction.
- Who or what inspires your writing? I am inspired by God as a result of my Savior Jesus Christ! The Holy Spirit gives me the premise for my stories and downloads the sentiment and the words so that I may do what we as followers of Jesus were anointed to do: Share the gospel of Jesus Christ. By doing this through the words He gives me, He will heal the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to those who are in bondage, give sight to the blind, free those who are oppressed and proclaim Jesus Christ is Lord.
- How did your upbringing impact your beliefs and relationship with God? My upbringing was, church, school and home-life. Most of my activities, aside for participating in school activities, (plays and performances) were church related. I am very fortunate that I have the best parents a girl could have! My parents kept me in church and that is where I thrived and as a result, I am forever grateful to them! My relationship with God however became stronger in my adult life.
- Was there ever a period in your life that you went against or strayed away from what you had been taught? I think we have all backslidden, (myself included) and that’s why I love my Savior so much! He is always willing to welcome you back into the family with open arms! Reminding us to “go and sin no more!” His word tells us that we shouldn’t sin but…“And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.” 1 John 2:1 His word also tells us, “ If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” 1 John 1:9
- If so, what led you back to Christ? His LOVE, The truth of His Word! ….Not what man said but what He said! He allowed me to confront why I had not immersed myself in Him and what I need to do to be free… I mean really free! Glory to God!
- Who is your favorite character in The Blood Done Signed My Name? I haven’t a favorite character but if I simply love the way God used me to write Ms. Sadie! She has the quiet strength and firm but patient love that I find necessary in today’s world to help those who have lost their way.
- Describe the process you go through for developing your characters. Crazily enough, I haven’t a special process. All three of my novel’s premises were given to me during my quiet time with God. Rhachelle, I want to be used by Him and because I make that my priority, I become open to the leading of the Holy Spirit. As I am writing, He will give me names as I use the gift of writing to share their story. He allows me to simply write. He instructs me throughout the process, downloading what He knows someone will need to read to experience His love and as a result they are blessed! I am truly being used as a vessel for His handiwork!
- What message do you hope to convey to your readers through you’re THE BLOOD DONE SIGNED MY NAME? The message that I would love for all to receive from THE BLOOD DONE SIGNED MY NAME is that regardless of who you are, what your family lineage looks like, whatever you’ve done, whatever has been done to you, the blood of Jesus can make you a new creature because of its power. God loves us so much and because He loves us, He sacrificed His only son Jesus. Jesus became the sacrifice for us and all that we have done and are going to do. We have been absolved and even justified. We can walk in freedom and liberty because of what Jesus did. A new life is available for those who believe!
- As a full-time writer was there ever a time that your faith was tested? How did you refocus and keep moving forward? There were struggles along the way…. Yes indeed! There were delays, rewrites, rejections and faith fights! At times I was my worst enemy! There were many days I was so discouraged, I wanted to simply give up. I’m so thankful Rhachelle, that God is faithful even we forget what He’s promised. “God is not a man, that He should lie, ….Has He said, and will He not do? … has He spoken, and will He not make it good?” Numbers 23:19
- Do you have any upcoming projects? It is my hope to assist other Christian writers with my literary workshop for aspiring Christian writers called, “Conversations…. Writing to Reconcile”. I had the wonderful opportunity to share it regionally but would love to be afforded a venue that could allow me to do so nationally. As believers in Christ it is our mandate to reconcile others to God. Using our literary gifts is certainly one way we can accomplish that awesome task. Additionally, for all who are interested, I distribute electronically, (on-line), a monthly newsletter, M. Ann’s Literary Communiqué and prayerfully it will continue to increase in circulation. Lastly, I’ve begun my 4th novel, The SHIFT!
- Any final words for the readers? I so appreciate the readers taking the time to read this interview! I feel incredibly BLESSED!
Thanks to you all! I invite the readers to visit my website and www.mannricks.net to simply read more about me! If interested they may find my novels on all online literary establishments. (i.e.: www.amazon.com / www.bn.com). For speaking engagement, Literary Dialogues and book club gatherings, please feel free to contact me directly using: Godsauthor@mannricks.net. I have an Author’s Page on Facebook: M. Ricks Literary Creations.
Rhachelle, thanks so much for this wonderful interview! Continued blessings to you! Let God continue to be GLORIFIED!